Saturday, April 28, 2012

Yuck


Today for the A to Z challenge I have chosen the word yuck. I’m really coming to the end of my ideas so I may be stretching this a little bit but my subject is concerning four pet peeves of mine just off the top of my head.

I must make a defense first however of this topic. One of the definitions of yuck is something unpleasant. Well, these pet peeves are certainly unpleasant. Although their nothing you would call disgusting per say, they certainly agitate me.

These are my four pet peeves:
Ø  Conservatives who don’t realize that they hold onto the very same principles that have taken liberals where they currently are now. Ultimately both liberals and conservatives are heading the same direction just at different rates and with slightly different views.
Ø  Conservatives who aren’t willing to tackle the core roots of the problems in America.
Ø  People who decry homeschooling as an institution that will render one unable to function properly in life all though statistics show otherwise. It seems to me that these handicapped homeschoolers are doing pretty well in life. I’m glad I’m one of them.
Ø  Facebook and forwarded emails that accuse you of not loving Jesus Christ if you don’t forward or repost whatever it is that they want you to forward or repost. The Bible says many will stand before him and say, “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Yours name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness! Matt 7:21-23. I wonder how many of those people are the ones who didn’t repost.
These are the four that come to mind but I’m sure there’s more. Again, it is a stretch I think associating these with the word yuck but I’m running out of ideas. So, yuck, these things are so unpleasant to me.      

No comments:

Post a Comment